This is a very old post that was automatically imported from LiveJournal. I have done my best to fix up the formatting, but some issues may remain. Comments have not been preserved.
Since I’m being bugged about this already, here goes:
The Southampton End-of-Year Party
(aka RABIES 2, new acronyms wanted)
Here’s what we know so far:
- Most peoples' exams have finished by the weekend of the 10th June. (If yours haven't, tell me please!)
- 24th-25th June is the last weekend of June, which seems a likely time for people to leave Southampton.
This seems to leave 10th to 23rd June as potential dates. If anyone has any preferences, please let me know!
Current Date/Attendee Chart
<table border=1><tr><td>Date</td><td bgcolor=#ee9988>10</td><td bgcolor=#ddaa88>11</td><td bgcolor=#ee9988>12</td><td bgcolor=#88ff88>13</td><td bgcolor=#99ee88>14</td><td bgcolor=#88ff88>15</td><td bgcolor=#99ee88>16</td><td bgcolor=#99ee88>17</td><td bgcolor=#99ee88>18</td><td bgcolor=#99ee88>19</td><td bgcolor=#aadd88>20</td><td bgcolor=#bbcc88>21</td><td bgcolor=#99ee88>22</td><td bgcolor=#99ee88>23</td></tr>
Hopefully an all-day job again, meeting around midday and carrying on until everyone’s had quite enough.
This one’s a problem his year, since Mark and I no longer have a big house or a garden. Now with four wondrous options!
- (OFFERED) We hold it in Alex's garden, which is apparently not huge but does have a BBQ. Addendum: Alex's garden has been independently labelled as "massive".
- (OFFERED) We hold it in Gemma's garden, i.e. the place where the May Day Festival ende d up.
- Someone else kindly offers the service of their house for the entire day (including their kitchen for cooking food)
- We hold it somewhere publically such as on the Common (although after the barbecue issues last time, we couldn't cook there - see the "food" section).
The same as last time, I’d like it if people contributed a bit - £5 seemed to work well - and all the money was used to buy food and other party essentials.
As with last time, you lot may need to suffer the terror of Andy’s and my cooking - ably assisted, of course, by anyone who’d like to.
A possibility if the party is on the Common is to make all the food in advance. Someone with a car could then be persuaded/bribed to drive to our house where we could microwave food and bring it back to the common - thus letting us eat hot food without having to cook there.
Same as always, bring a bottle! Or cans. Or boxes. Or barrels. Or vats.
The port tradition continues!
Nah, I’ve put you through too much already =p No costume this time!
If you can read this, you’re invited. As are your friends. If you’re not sure whether you’re invited or not, you are.
However, we do need some idea of num
bers in advance, so we can buy the right amount of food.
So, please let me know if you’re coming!
Currently confirmed attendees:
Andy (Hatted) - Not 10th-12th
Andy (Little) - Not 10th-12th
Chantelle (V) - Not 14th or 16th-23rd
Domina - Not 10th or 12th
Gemma - Not 20th or 23rd
Ian - Not 10th-12th
Mark - Not 10th-12th
Racheet (V) - Not 10th-12th or 21st
Total Attendees Registered: 10
Total Vegetarians: 3
Thus Food/Party Budget: £50
Anything I’ve missed? Let me know!