A favourite of my son when he was three, and almost certainly a bastardisation of some actual Italian dish.
To serve three:
- 5 handfuls of penne pasta
- 6 sausages
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp mild paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 handful peas
- 1 handful sweetcorn
- Heat a saucepan of water until it boils. Add the pasta and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Put the sausages under a medium grill.
- Finely chop the onion. Place it in another saucepan with a little olive oil, and fry until the onion turns soft.
- Add the garlic to the onion, and fry for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, paprika and oregano to the onions. Stir well and reduce to a medium heat.
- Add the peas and sweetcorn to the pasta, turning the heat up to get it back to a simmer again.
- Continue stirring the sauce and the pasta until the pasta is cooked. Turn the sausages as necessary.
- Strain the pasta, and stir in the sauce.
- Serve the pasta in bowls, placing the cooked sausages on top.