If, like me, you’re a whiskey snob, ending up with a bottle of bad (or even worse, blended) whiskey can be a problem. I mull it! Being as it’s called a “warmer”, it is of course very alcoholic, and as it is called “Winter”, naturally I have only ever made this in July.
- 1 bottle barely-tolerable whiskey
- 4 litres orange juice
- 1 litre cranberry juice
- mulling spices. Lots. Seriously, if they come in a box, use the whole damn box.
- Put the whiskey and the juices in a large pan, and heat until barely simmering.
- Add the mulling spices. Continue barely-simmering for half an hour.
- Transfer to jugs, thermos flasks, etc. If your mulling herbs were free-floating rather than in bags, strain the mixture to remove them at this stage.
- If desired, drink responsibly. Otherwise, drink irresponsibly.