In an attempt to save his HOUSE from being destroyed by EVIL BUILDERS, ARTHUR turns himself into a TROLL (the pencil-top kind) and goes to live in ALBION (the Fable kind). Somehow, choreographed SWORD-FIGHTING to the Bee Gees’ STAYIN’ ALIVE on top of a GIANT TURNTABLE is involved.
Then they go off to defeat the EVIL M, who is probably secretly MORIARTY (the LXG kind), only he’s a PROTOSS (the Starcraft kind), rescue his GRANDFATHER, find the RUBIES, yadda yadda yadda.
Somehow, DAVID SUCHET, DAVID BOWIE, MADONNA and SNOOP DOGG are all in this movie.
By the Numbers
- Creepy crushes on fairy princesses: 1
- Grandmothers drugged: 1
- Maximum age difference between Arthur and grandmother: 30
- Spontaneously-generated African tribesmen: 4
- Fairy princesses that turn out to not suck: 1
- Rasta trolls: 3
- Rasta flies (wtf?): 1
- Characters called Arthur: 1
- Characters that are invisible: 0
- Years between this film’s setting and the manufacture of the Ferrari 250 GTO, which Arthur has a toy of: 2
- Years between this film’s setting and the invention of speed cameras, which Arthur somehow knows about: 9