« Film Review by the Numbers
Love and Other Drugs
CHESTY JAKE sells DELICIOUS XANAX and VIAGRA and also has SEX with A LOT OF PEOPLE. Then CHESTY JAKE falls in LUUUUURVE with his FUCK-BUDDY, and it turns into ANOTHER BLOODY ROMANTIC COMEDY, and then into a DEPRESSING DOOM-FEST.
Goddamnit, EDWARD ZWICK, was foisting THE LAST SAMURAI with TOM FUCKING CRUISE on the world not punishment enough?
By the Numbers
- Minutes of film before sex occurs: 2.25
- Macarena: TOO FUCKING MUCH
- Hobos with Prozac: 1
- 19th Century sluts: 0
- “Strong sex” in this film: apparently, yes
- Conflations of Chicago with culture: Somehow, 1
- Doctor-Patient confidentialities respected: 0
- People raped by Care Bears: Possibly, 1
- Delicious reprobate sex: present
- Google results for Viagra, as I found out while writing this: 187,000,000
- Shock exhibited upon the realisation that I actually research this shit: over 9000
- Parkinsons / handjob jokes that somehow manage not to lower the tone: 1
- Times I have now watched Anne Hathaway fake an orgasm: I actually think I’ve lost count.
Overall: 3 / 5
REGINA SPEKTOR ARGH HOLY FUCK
“BETTER” HAS A FUCKING “T” IN IT. TWO OF THEM. GOD FUCKING DAMN IT.
Add a Comment